So Far This Week:
- Revising Progress: none
- Notes for Shiny New Idea: a page and a half
- Rejections Received: none
- Responses to Outstanding Partial and Full: none
- Sanity Level: none
- Precipitation: a few giant rain drops on my windshield, and a light rain for about ten minutes.
- Spelling Errors: three
- Cups of Tea: four
As you can see, it’s been a very exciting week so far.
Okay, not really. But I am quite fond of my Shiny New Idea. It’s quite beautiful and tragic and will contain Greek names and hopefully a Greek-ish mythical feel. Not exactly sure if it’s a short story or a short book. Guess I’ll have to write it to find out. But don’t worry, I’m not allowing myself to get distracted away from revisions for Rose Queen or outlining for November. Well, not that much.
Finished Sorcery and Cecelia on Friday and enjoyed it heartily! There were even a few squee moments at the end, so that’s always a plus. 🙂 When I get through my to-be-read* pile, it’s back to the library for the sequel!
Exactly like my sidebar would have you believe, I’m reading The Forest of Hands and Teeth. About halfway through, and really like it. The writing is beautiful, and the world well-drawn. Has to be said that it reminds me a lot of Shyamalan’s The Village (a movie I adore), but not in a bad way. I’m extremely interested to see where all this is going…
And now, for your clicking pleasure, some links:
- Behind the Name, an incredibly useful website with scads of names, their histories and etymologies
- Inkygirl: Daily Diversions for Writers, fun cartoons and great information
- A sneak peak at this year’s NaNoWriMo shirts!
- Pages, the adorable local Indie bookstore near me
And that, I believe, is that.
*The to-be-read pile includes, but is not limited to: Skin Hunger, Silver Phoenix, Fire and Hemlock, The Winter Prince, Enna Burning, The Hunger Games